Over the past months I have been approached by a number of women looking for information on a variety of topics – topics I would LOVE to see covered here, but have no personal experience of. One of the keys of The Happy Womb is valuing women’s sharing from authentic personal experience, rather than dry journalistic “expert” voices telling you what to do, feel and think. I receive almost daily requests to host content from companies and pro bloggers, but I am committed to only hosting empowering words written from women’s personal experience. So I am opening up submissions on a number of topics:
- Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome
- Transgender and Gender reassignment
- Being born without a womb
- Mothering your daughter into womanhood
- Infertility journeys
- IVF and IUI
- Over Active Bladder and loss of Pelvic Floor
- Menopause and Perimenopause
Publication on The Happy Womb is not paid, but gives high exposure to your words and experiences, and supports and helps our community of women. It is promoted via all social media. Please note whilst this may be an attractive option for many bloggers, it is also open to those who have no online presence or are currently building it up. Each submission is judged on its own merits and fit with the ethos of this site. Please be assured that this is a safe space where no comments are published until approved, you are safe from trolling and aggression here. I am happy to publish work under pseudonyms if required, to protect your privacy online.
Articles should be:
- Written from a personal perspective. Focusing on your own healing journey, self care and experience.
- Can recommend products from a personal perspective but may not be advertorial.
- 400-1000 words long, plus author bio and image.
- Author bio can contain links to your other work, websites,business, books, Facebook pages.
- Should be accompanied by at least one other image if possible.
- All articles are subject to editing.
- You will be notified within a week if your work has been accepted, and will be contacted later when it is published.
Submissions open to August 30th 2013. Email to Lucy (AT) the happy womb (DOT) com
I really look forward to receiving your work and sharing your words with The Happy Womb community.